Telematics mergers, Ford's updated van lineup, safety tips, and Hyundai's holiday executive shakeup generated the highest reader engagement on AutomotiveFleet.com in 2016 among news items.
Verizon's announcement in June that it would acquire Telogis created plenty of discussion about the ramifications of the acquisition. Verizon later announced it would acquire Fleetmatics. The two moves solidify Verizon as the largest telematics vendor.
A late addition to list came a few days before the Christmas holiday, when Hyundai replaced CEO Dave Zuchowski, who had replaced John Krafcik in a similar move three years ago.
Here are the top itemsin descending order of highest pageviews.
- Subaru's 2017 Outback, Legacy Offer Reverse Auto Braking
- Verizon-Telogis Deal Creates Top Telematics Unit
- Toys 'R' Us Logistics Director Arrested for Fleet Card Fraud
- Mercedes-Benz Metris Worker Cuts $3,000 from Price
- Ford Names Autonomous Vehicle Executive
- Mercedes-Benz USA Names VP of Sales
- Ford Updates 2017 Van Lineup
- Hyundai Replaces CEO Dave Zuchowski
- Video Safety Tip: Escaping a Submerged Vehicle
- Audi to Launch Corporate Car-Sharing Service
Thanks for reading AutomotiveFleet.com, and look for more news updates about the commercial fleet industry in 2016.