Mazda North American Operations introduced the first 2024 Mazda CX-90 on Jan. 31. Built on Mazda's new large platform, the three-row crossover has wider, longer, and "more aggressive proportions," according to the manufacturer. With seating for up to eight passengers, the Mazda CX-90 is available with all-new electrified powertrains, including an inline 6 turbo and a plug-in hybrid, for enhanced performance and efficiency.
The CX-90 is rumored to replace the CX-9.
- An all-new large platform features a front-engine, rear-wheel-bias longitudinal layout.
- CX-90 is equipped with Kinematic Posture Control, which suppresses body lift on tight corners to enhance grip and allows occupants to maintain a natural posture.
- Rigidity is optimized across the vehicle body, with seats and suspension to provide better balance, control, and confidence in a range of driving situations.
- An all-new e-Skyactiv G 3.3L Inline 6 Turbo engine has the highest horsepower and torque from a mass production gasoline engine developed by Mazda, with 340 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque when using recommended premium fuel.
- The new e-Skyactiv PHEV powertrain offers 323 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque, when using the recommended premium fuel.
- Mazda's 2.5L four-cylinder engine, with a tuned intake to improve torque, has been adapted to work alongside the electric motor and 17.8 kWh high-capacity battery.
- Increased cabin space and ample cargo space.
- Refined interior with available third-row USB-C charging ports, air conditioning vents, and upgraded interior lighting.
- See-Through View monitor to assist in a variety of parking situations through the 12.3" center display.
- Also introduced with CX-90 is Mazda's latest Takuminuri color, Artisan Red.
- Standard i-Activ all-wheel drive.
- i-Activsense safety features, such as Smart Brake Support, Blind Spot Monitoring, Mazda Radar Cruise Control, and other new features.
- The engine is equipped with M-Hybrid Boost (a mild-hybrid system) to provide efficiency without compromising performance.
- The electric motor is placed between the engine and transmission for smooth acceleration.
- All CX-90 powertrains are paired with an all-new eight-speed automatic transmission, designed for the electrified longitudinal powertrains and large platform vehicles. The multi-speed automatic gearbox, without a torque converter, achieves smooth and direct acceleration while improving drivetrain efficiency.
- Mazda CX-90 not rated (2023 CX-9: Overall 5 stars from IIHS)
- KBB estimate: Starting at $41,000 (unconfirmed by Mazda)
- Early 2023
"At Mazda, our focus is to deliver an ownership experience that enriches the lives of our customers. With each new vehicle launch, we challenge ourselves to progress through our human-centric approach of design and engineering," said Jeff Guyton, president and CEO of Mazda North American Operations. "CX-90 offers powerful and responsive performance, alluring design, and intuitive technology."
Edit as of Feb. 9, 2023: The 2024 CX-90 will have a starting MSRP of $39,595 and will arrive in dealerships in spring 2023, Mazda announced.