GMC officially introduced the 2023 GMC Canyon midsize truck.
The next-generation Canyon features a fully redesigned exterior, standard factory lift and widened track across the lineup, a new suite of advanced technology, and an all-new interior design.
The 2023 model year Canyon introduces the first Canyon AT4X option to its lineup. Building on the success of AT4, the AT4X sub-brand is the ultimate expression of GMC’s commitment to delivering off-road capability.
“GMC is flexing the might of our off-road muscle,” said Duncan Aldred, GMC global VP. “Canyon benefits from key learnings gained from our AT4 strategy to bring customers the most advanced off-road midsize truck.”
The 2023 GMC Canyon will be the first midsize truck on the market to offer a suite of segment-first key features, including:
- Available underbody cameras, including front- and rear-facing views underneath the vehicle.
- Available Head-Up Display.
- Fully digital driver information center.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto3 compatibility.
- Available Google Built-In (Google Automotive Services).
Inspired by the Canyon AT4 concept first introduced in 2021, the Canyon AT4X boasts a factory lifted, ultra-wide track to elevate the off-road performance and capability. Canyon AT4X comes standard with 33-inch MT tires, Multimatic DSSV shocks, front and rear e-lockers, underbody skid plates, and the AT4X-exclusive Baja drive mode.
The Canyon AT4X’s factory lift enables 10.7 inches of ground clearance standard and a 36.9-degree approach angle.
Within its interior, the Canyon AT4X features exclusive Obsidian Rush interior with Ceramic White accents, customizable 11.3-inch diagonal touchscreen infotainment system and an 11-inch diagonal fully digital instrument cluster. In addition, the AT4X includes a GMC-exclusive Head-Up Display and Bose seven-speaker audio entertainment system.
The Canyon AT4X will also be the only trim to offer the available Edition 1 package, which includes:
- Front- and rear-facing underbody cameras with wash function.
- Off-road front bumper with safari bar.
- Front 30-inch off-road grille light bar.
- Winch by COMEUP.
- 17-inch beadlock capable wheels.
- Reconfigurable bed rail system.
- Performance front skid plate.
- Unique Edition 1 tailgate badge.
This next generation Canyon gives the driver ample control with its advanced technology cockpit, powered by a new electrical architecture. Through this updated system, drivers can experience Canyon’s available 10 camera view system, including HD Surround Vision and waterproof underbody cameras with camera washing system. The Canyon’s advanced cockpit also includes the off-road performance display, which allows drivers to track real-time, off-road performance data on the center screen.
In addition to these features, the 2023 Canyon also includes a variety of other enhancements including:
- 11-inch-diagonal fully digital instrument cluster on the Denali and AT4X trims (8-inch-diagonal on the Elevation and AT4).
- Class-exclusive 6.3-inch-diagonal Head-Up Display to provide the driver with key information like navigation, safety alerts, speed, audio and more.
- Android Auto3 and Apple CarPlay wireless phone projection capability.
- Bose seven-speaker audio system on AT4X and Denali trims (optional on AT4).
The 2023 Canyon is set to begin initial production in early 2023 with AT4X in spring 2023. Reservations for the 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X Edition 1 are open now, with MSRP starting at $63,3505. MSRP for other 2023 Canyon trims will start around $40,0005.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online