July 21, 2022
Merchants Fleet CEO Brendan Keegan on Bain Acquisition
On July 21, Merchants Fleet announced that Bain Capital and a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) would acquire Merchants Automotive Group. In this State of the Fleet Industry video interview, fleet group editor Chris Brown sits down with Brendan P. Keegan, CEO and now president and chairperson of Merchants, to discuss how the acquisition will affect the company and the fleet management industry as a whole.
This State of the Fleet Industry Spotlight Interview video, produced by Automotive Fleet (AF), offers a look at what is driving the fleet market as presented by AF Digital Editor Chris Brown.
Hear Keegan's answers to these questions:
- What does the acquisition mean for Merchants?
- Who are Bain Capital and the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA)?
- Does the acquisition affect any preexisting agreements or partnerships Merchants has, and how will it affect Merchant’s employee base?
- Can you dig deeper into how the new ownership that will help speed new service launches, technology innovation, and expansion into new markets?
- How is this acquisition different from the mergers we’ve seen recently with other fleet management companies?
- Merchants has shown intent on electrifying fleets. How does this propel that growth, and any thoughts on electrification penetration in fleet?
- Any thoughts on the merger as it relates to the vehicle supply chain issues, and how Merchants is tackling the crisis in general?
Make sure you're signed up for the AF newsletter so you don't miss another State of the Fleet Industry Spotlight video interview.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!