Kia announces new features and technology in its new 2022 Forte compact sedan.
Enhancements include new front and rear design elements, a 10.25-inch widescreen navigation display, and an expanded suite of new and upgraded Drive Wise ADAS technology. The vehicle offers six standard ADAS features and a total of 15 systems, including Lane Following Assist, Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control, Highway Driving Assist, and Safe Exit Warning.
“Strong sales of Forte have helped Kia achieve its best third quarter sales in company history and the refreshed 2022 model is poised to continue that successful momentum,” said Sean Yoon, president & CEO, Kia North America and Kia America. “With its contemporary design, a robust suite of standard ADAS features, and the 201 horsepower of the exciting GT trim, the 2022 Forte continues to raise the bar in the compact sedan segment.”
The Forte comes in four trim levels — FE, LXS, GT-Line, and GT. The EX model has been discontinued while a new GT-Line Sport Premium package has been added.
At the top of the lineup, the Forte GT boasts a 201-horsepower turbo 4-cylinder engine and a standard 7-speed DCT, and an available manual transmission.
- Sleeker headlight design and a new tiger-nose grille
- Revised front and rear bumpers
- LED fog lights integrated into air-intake grille (GT, GT-Line only)
- New 16-inch and 17-inch dark metal gray alloy wheel designs (LXS, GT-Line only)
- LED taillight/rear combination lamp design (GT, GT-Line only)
- New trunk lid spoiler
- A 4.2-inch color TFT LCD cluster (standard on all trims)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard through the 8-inch touchscreen display audio/infotainment system (standard on FE, LXS)
- 10.25-inch wide touchscreen navigation/infotainment standard on GT and GT-Line, includes free MapCare updates
- Center console with available integrated Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) and Auto Hold
- Available rear USB charger
- Smart Key remote start (standard on GT, GT-Line)
- Available SynTex synthetic leather seating
The new Forte also has a five-seat cabin with up to 111.3 cu.-ft. of passenger and cargo volume.
Forte Engine Options
- 2.0-liter MPI I-4 engine (FE, LXS, GT-Line)
- Intelligent Continuously Variable Transmission (IVT)
- 147 horsepower/132 lb.-ft. torque
- FE trim achieves 41 MPG highway
- Turbocharged 1.6-liter GDI I-4 engine (GT)
- 7-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) or 6-speed manual transmission
- 201 horsepower/195 lb.-ft. torque
- Multi-link rear suspension
- Dual sport-tuned exhaust
Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems
- Standard Lane Following Assist: Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane
- Available Highway Driving Assist: Uses federal highway speed limit information from the navigation system and, under certain conditions, will automatically adjust speed to be within the posted speed limit and help to maintain distance with the vehicle detected in front
- Available Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Curve: Leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves
- Available Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Zone: Leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively to adapt to changing speed limits on the highway
- Available Safe Exit Warning: Can alert the driver or passengers of certain potential hazards approaching from behind when exiting the vehicle
The Forte will continue to be built in Monterrey, Mexico.