The 2022 Nissan Pathfinder features 10.6 cubic feet of interior volume more than the previous model, and it maximizes every inch.
While keeping overall vehicle dimensions similar, thoughtful design changes – including increased track width and overall vehicle width, and a widened rear wheelhouse – allow for 164.6 cubic feet of total interior volume, up from 154.0 cubic feet on the previous model.
Thanks to the additional interior volume, the 2022 Pathfinder now offers easier cargo loading, and many other every-day utility benefits, including:
- Room for up to eight passengers
- Room for up to three car seats in the 2nd row, and two in the 3rd
- Available captain's chairs with a no-tools-needed removable console, allowing items up to 7 inches wide to pass between the seats
- Easier entry/exit to and from the 3rd row with Nissan's EZ FLEX one-touch seating, which now pitches the seat forward to provide a wide opening from driver or passenger side
- Two additional inches of front seat legroom – now 44.3 inches
- Nearly five additional inches of 3rd row hip room – now 46.7 inches
- A new, easy-to-clean luggage box with a self-supporting hinge lid that offers 54.1 liters of storage space – up from 33.3 liters on the previous model
- With 3rd row seats upright, a 4-foot wide cargo area
- With 2nd- and 3rd-row seats folded, the 4-foot wide cargo area allows users to slide in 4-foot wide sheets of plywood or like-sized items
The 2022 Pathfinder handles small items well, too. Thanks to a small, ergonomic electric shifter, the center console now offers two storage areas – a traditional console and the new "bridge" pass-through area below it, which adds 13.4 liters of storage. The open pass-through area can conveniently accommodate items like a purse, a toolbox or a full-size tablet, while the traditional console area features space for smaller items. All told, the console area now offers 19.5 liters of storage – nearly three times as much as the previous model.
A new storage shelf sits above the glove compartment, and the glovebox features a strap to securely store the owner's manual while offering additional storage space.