DEARBORN, MI – Ford launched a new website for its Ford Focus Electric. The site offers retail pricing for the single model. The base MSRP for the vehicle is $39,995. For fleet managers who are considering the vehicle for use in some capacity, the site is a chance to take a look at the vehicle. The federal tax credit for the vehicle is $7,500.
In terms of options vs. standard features, options include two paint colors and leather seats. The vehicle comes in a total of 6 colors (Black, optional Blue Candy, Oxford White, optional White Platinum, Frosted Glass, and Ingot Silver). The vehicle has a wide range of standard features, from navigation to HID headlamps.
The automaker said Focus Electrics will first be available in limited numbers at retail in California and the New York/New Jersey regions. Ford said availability of the Focus Electric will expand next year to the remaining 15 launch markets as production ramps up.
The 19 retail launch markets include: Atlanta, Austin and Houston, Texas; Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, New York, Orlando, Fla., Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.; Portland, Ore.; Raleigh Durham, N.C.; Richmond, Va., Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
Standard features include the following:
- MyFord Touch with 8-inch touchscreen
- Two driver-configurable 4.2-inch color LCD displays in cluster for unique EV driving screens
- MyFord Mobile App (for remotely monitoring and scheduling battery charging with owners’ smartphone as well as remote start)
- HID Headlamps
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Ambient lighting
- Seats made from 100-percent recycled material
- Rear Camera with Rear Parking Sensor
- Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
- Voice-activated Navigation System
- Particulate Air Filter
- Hands-free SYNC Bluetooth telephone connectivity with Traffic, Direction and Information Services
- Electronic traction control
- Sony-Branded audio with nine speakers
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio and HD Radio