It's the time of year when all fleet drivers are more likely to encounter harsher driving conditions from time to time. For safety's sake, it's important to assemble a winter survival kit to keep in all fleet vehicles, especially those driven in snow conditions.
The Minnesota Driver's Manual recommends these items:
- Container of sand or salt
- Warm clothing and footwear
- Red flag for the vehicle's antenna
- Blanket or sleeping bag
- Quick energy foods, drinking water and an empty waste container
- Tow chain and tire chains
- Road flares or reflectors
- Jumper cables
- Candles and matches or a lighter
- First aid kit.