While COVID-19 has impacted many industry sectors, it doesn’t look like it’s slowing down demand for pest control services.
Based on an analysis of historic data from Verizon Connect’s Reveal platform, June is expected to be the busiest month for pest control this year, with 9.3 average stops per vehicle per day, and the industry only seeing a slight drop in activity so far in 2020.
- Here are some key facts from Verizon Connect:
- March 2020 data suggests that the pest control industry has largely escaped a major disruption to business so far. Comparing the year-over-year average stops per day per pest control vehicle, pest control firms have only seen a 1.1% drop in activity.
- The summer is consistently the busiest time of year for pest control technicians. June is the busiest month, followed by August, September, May and July, based on the highest number of average pest control visits each day per vehicle.
- Over the last four years, Colorado (16.8), Nevada (15.2), Oklahoma (15.1), and Virginia (14.9) have been the top four states* with the most pest control vehicle stops per day. The national average of stops per day is 9.2.
- The data is based on more than 1,000 distinct pest control vehicles using the Verizon Connect Reveal platform from 2016 through 2019; 2020 predictions based on historical data with an exponential smoothing model. Pest control activity is defined as stops per day per vehicle.
*Editor’s note: Could it be that these four states have more of a pest control issue than other states — or do they take eradicating them more seriously? Hmmmm.
Originally posted on Business Fleet