A comprehensive look at what lies ahead for fleet management is the focus of the Automotive Fleet & Leasing Association (AFLA) 2008 Annual Meeting and Conference. Themed “Roadmap to the Future,” the conference is scheduled Sept. 10-12 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix.
Speaker and panel presentations will offer strategic perspectives on the outlook for commercial fleet management in such areas as fuel, technology, economic conditions, corporate green initiatives, and the automotive industry.
Keynote speakers include:
- New York Times Company “Futurist-in-Residence,” novelist and journalist, Michael Rogers.
- Automotive analyst Jim McElroy.
- Larry Burns, VP, research, General Motors.
- John Kingston, editor, Platts.
- Paul McCarthy, director of corporate economics, Ford Motor Co.
A highlight will be the inauguration of the Fleet Hall of Fame, a new award program by Automotive Fleet magazine and sponsored by AFLA, to recognize fleet industry pioneers and innovators.
For further details or to register online, visit www.aflaonline.org.
AFLA 2008 Annual Meeting & Conference
Wednesday, September 10
- AFLA Board Meeting.
- New Member Welcome Reception.
- President’s Welcome.
- Automotive Industry Trends and the Future of Commercial Fleet: In Sync or Out of Step? Michael Rogers, New York Times.
- Cars of Tomorrow Reception with OEM Concept Vehicles.
Thursday, September 11
- President’s Update.
- Reinventing the Automobile: The Future of Automotive Technology, Larry Burns, VP of research, General Motors.
- How Will the Automotive Industry Change in the Next 10 Years? John McElroy, automotive analyst.
- How High Will Fuel Prices Go? John Kingston, editor, Platts.
- The Art of the Steal, Bob Arno, motivational speaker.
- Balancing Cost vs. Corporate Green Responsibilities, panel discussion members: Pete Silva, PepsiCo; Vickie Dahlquist, ValleyCrest; Donna Bibbo, Novo Nordisk; Dick Malcom, State Farm Insurance.
- Town Hall Meeting with OEM Fleet Directors, Pat Dougherty, Chrysler; Brian McVeigh, GM; Kevin Koswick, Ford; Scott Heyer, Toyota.
- Fleet Hall of Fame Award Presentation.
Friday, September 12
- Keynote: Developing a Strategic Roadmap: Taking Your Fleet to the Next Level.
- Forecast of Economic Conditions That Will Impact Fleet, Paul McCarthy, Ford.
- Pete Z Golf Scramble.
- President’s Reception.
- Closing Reception.