The year of 2014 set a record for vehicle recalls by late October with 56 million vehicles recalled, surpassing the previous record of 55.6 million recalled in 1999, the Detroit Free Press reported at the time.
AutomotiveFleet.com readers created many page views for the site during the year for news items covering various recalls across most all vehicle brands that will surpass 58 million for the year.
Website users also read our ongoing updates about Ford's redesigned aluminum-body 2015 F-150, General Motors' re-entry into the mid-size pickup market with the Chevrolet Colorado, and ongoing updates on new commercial vans.
In the fleet world, readers were most interested in the death of Ed Bobit, our founder and a mentor to many fleet managers and PHH Corp.'s sale of its PHH Arval fleet management business to Element Financial Corp.
Read our top 10 news stories of the year, from most popular to less popular:
- Dodge Charger Recalled for Faulty Alternator
- New GM Recall Pulls In Express, Savana Vans
- Ed Bobit, Founder of Automotive Fleet and Bobit Business Media, Passes Away
- PHH Sells Fleet Management Unit for $1.4B
- 2015 Mazda3 Pricing Announced
- Ford Redesigns F-650, F-750 Trucks for 2016
- Ford Introduces Aluminum 2015 F-150
- Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon Get Diesel Option for 2016
- Upfitter Introduces Ram ProMaster Passenger Van
- Hyundai Announces 2015-MY Start Up Dates
Thanks for making AutomotiveFleet.com your first resource for news and analysis of the commercial fleet industry. Look for more great content in 2015.