October 14, 2022
How Will We Charge Fleet EVs When the Grid Goes Down?
The Fast Forward video series, hosted by Bobit Fleet Group Editor Chris Brown, is about connecting with leaders in fleet, tech, and automotive to show what the future holds for fleets of all types.
In this episode, Chris addresses how fleets with EVs should prepare themselves for when the grid goes down — a topic that has taken on new urgency after the devastation left by Hurricane Ian.
🎙Topics & Timestamps🎙
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:05 Will we have enough energy for fleet EVs when the power goes out?
- 4:25 Are power outages localized so EVs can get to places with power?
- 8:00 What fleets should know about microgrids.
- 9:45 How to and who should implement microgrid/distributed energy resources as resiliency against power outages.
- 12:15 Will utilities be able to manage the massive electric needs for the coming onslaught of EVs?
🤝 Follow and connect with us on social media!
🎧 Check out the Fast Forward podcast!