Goodyear has launched a new digital portal that allows fleets to purchase tires, activate services, and gain deeper insight into their tire programs.
With the new Fleet Central digital portal, Goodyear said it can help fleets maximize efficiencies for their tires, which is one of their largest fleet maintenance expenses, according to the company. Fleets have the ability to view and take action on all aspects of their tire program, via an online dashboard that allows users to view information at a total fleet level all the way down to a specific vehicle, tire, or service event in real time.
Features of the service include:
- Emergency and scheduled tire services, allowing fleets to bypass a phone call by submitting requests online directly to Goodyear Fleet HQ for emergency or scheduled service. It also allows fleets to track events with a live, interactive dashboard to stay updated throughout the entire service process.
- Monitor tire deliveries, so fleets can schedule stock tire deliveries and track shipping directly within Fleet Central.
- Retreading services, as Fleet Central's reporting capabilities help fleets monitor retread and casing performance with a view into all retread activities, as well as work order tracking and current inventory levels across Goodyear's authorized retreading network.
- Tire performance and monitoring. Leveraging Goodyear's tire management solutions, fleets can use Fleet Central's interactive dashboard to detect and act on critical issues like fast air leaks and thermal alerts in real time, as well as monitor tire performance over time.
- Fleets can also use the portal to interact with Goodyear's Expedited Approvals program to reduce the administrative burden of managing and issuing purchase orders, as well as approving and disputing work orders before they are invoiced.
- In addition to the online reporting available, fleets can configure alerts and reports to be sent via text or email.
Fleets can also interact with Goodyear directly by buying tires, scheduling service, requesting tire inspections or activating emergency roadside assistance from Goodyear's service network of more than 2,300 providers.
"With Fleet Central, we can offer customers a new level of transparency into every interaction they have with Goodyear and our service network," said Johnny McIntosh, director of integrated solutions and tire management. "Best of all, these tools will ultimately help fleets find new ways to save money over time."
Fleet Central is now available through GoodyearTruckTires.com.