Implementing Best Business Practices: What Smart Leaders Do in Difficult Times
||Mar 18, 2010 - Mar 18, 2010
Thursday, March 18th | 9AM-2:30PM
Location: Inglewood, CA (Southern California)
City of Inglewood
City Hall Community Room
One Manchester Blvd.
Inglewood, CA 90302
- Alternative funding for fleets; Phoenix saved $12 million last year with this strategy.
- How to eliminate RFPs from your processes saving a minimum of $5,000 per RFP and still receiving the best quality products at the lowest possible price, one fleet in Virginia saved 35% on $700,000 worth of equipment (presented by Greg Haglin; National Joint Powers Alliance; Staples, MN)
- How you can be your own grant writer. Work your way through the process from funding identification to reporting and maximize your prospects for approval. One grant writer has initiated over 500 grants totaling 87 million dollars. Charlotte Whitney; a grant writer from Palm Springs, CA has secured over $30 million in grants for fleets including over $1.3 million for the City of Inglewood. She will facilitate the process for us to secure our own grant money.
- "Get Paid for Performance": Betty Linck, C.F.M.; Fleet Director; Town of Greenwich, CT (retired November 2009) was one of the highest paid fleet managers in the country because she was able to connect her performance to her compensation. Find out how you can do the same thing and use the metrics she used to demonstrate efficiencies. Betty was named "A Fleet Woman of Influence in 2008" her fleet ranked consistently in the top 20 in the country, she has spoken at national fleet conferences and authored over 20 articles on fleet performance.
- "The future by fleet management software, is there a Cloud in store for you?" Most of your decisions are data driven find our how to use information technology more efficiently in your operation. Presented by a panel of experts from the actual OEMs.
- The # 1 Green fleet in the country, Culver City, Paul Condran will present how you can go green and remain lean.
- A panel discussion by change agents on how to implement your ideas and promote change in your own organization.