BINGHAM FARMS, MI – Vincentric announced its “Best Fleet Value in America” awards for the 2012 model-year. The brands with the highest number of winners across the different vehicle categories include General Motors, with nine vehicles, and Toyota, with seven vehicles. A number of other brands earned multiple awards as well, including Ford, Hyundai, Chrysler Group, Volvo, and BMW.
Vincentric analyzed more than 2,700 vehicle configurations in 20 different lifecycle scenarios. The company used eight different cost-related variables, including depreciation, fees and taxes, financing, fuel, insurance, maintenance, opportunity cost, and repairs, in its evaluation of each model. The company said it measured lifecycle costs in all 50 U.S. states, plus DC.
“By taking into account a wide range of lifecycle scenarios using all ownership costs, our awards enable organizations to understand and evaluate the best vehicles for their fleet," stated David Wurster, President of Vincentric. "Fleet operators, fleet management and leasing companies, and fleet dealers can all benefit from utilizing comprehensive and dynamic cost-of-ownership data to make informed vehicle choices."
For the specific brands, Vincentric said General Motors did well in the van and heavy-duty pickup segments, and Toyota earned awards based on having a “well-balanced line-up” in the passenger vehicle and crossover categories, including winning in three out of four hybrid segments.
The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter won in three of the heavy-duty van segments. Ford won in 1/2-ton pickup segment, with its 2012-MY Ford F-150. Chrysler and Hyundai each had three winners. Hyundai won in the mid-size sedan segment with its Sonata.
You can see the full list of winners below. Visit Vincentric’s website for its evaluation of each vehicle.
- Hyundai Accent GLS Sedan (Subcompact)
- Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Hatchback (Compact, Hatchback)
- Nissan Versa S (Compact, Sedan)
- Toyota Prius 4D Hatchback (Compact, Hybrid)
- Mercedes-Benz C Class C250 (Compact, Premium)
- Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4 (Mid-Size Sedan)
- Buick Regal 2.4L eAssist (Mid-Size Sedan, Premium)
- Toyota Camry Hybrid LE (Mid-Size Sedan, Hybrid)
- Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid (Plug-in Hybrid)
- Ford Taurus SE (Large)
- Audi A6 3.2 Premium CVT FrontTrak (Large, Premium)
- BMW 7-Series 750i (Prestige, Sedan)
- Subaru Impreza Base (Wagon)
- Volvo XC70 3.2 FWD (Wagon, Premium)
Sport Utilities and Crossovers
- Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD (Crossover, Compact, Entry-Level)
- Toyota RAV4 Base (Crossover, Compact, Mid-Level)
- Volvo XC60 3.2 FWD (Crossover, Compact, Premium)
- Dodge Journey SE FWD (Crossover, Mid-Size)
- BMW X5 Xdrive 35i (Crossover, Mid-Size, Premium)
- Mazda CX-9 Sport FWD (Crossover, Large)
- Buick Enclave Base (Crossover, Large, Premium)
- Ford Escape Hybrid FWD (Crossover, Hybrid)
- Toyota FJ Cruiser 2WD (SUV, Compact)
- Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 (SUV, Mid Size)
- Chevrolet Tahoe LS Commercial 2WD (SUV, Large)
- Mercedes-Benz GL350 CDI (SUV, Premium)
- Chevrolet Avalanche LS 2WD (Sport Utility Truck)
- Toyota Tacoma Base Double Cab 2WD (Compact Pickup)
- Ford F-150 XL Reg Cab 2WD 126 (Full-Size Pickup, 1/2 Ton)
- Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 2500HD LT Reg Cab 2WD (Full-Size Pickup, Heavy Duty 3/4 Ton)
- Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 3500HD LT Reg Cab 2WD SRW (Full-Size Pickup, Heavy Duty, 1 Ton)
- Dodge Grand Caravan SE FWD (Minivan)
- Ford Transit Connect XL (Mini Cargo Van)
- Chevrolet/GMC Express/Savana G1500 SWB (Full-Size Passenger Van, 1/2 Ton)
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Wagon 2500 Std Roof 144 WB (Full-Size Passenger Van, 3/4 Ton)
- Chevrolet/GMC Express/Savana G3500 Wagon LWB (Full-Size Passenger Van, 1 Ton)
- Chevrolet/GMC Express/Savana G1500 Cargo SWB (Full-Size Cargo Van, 1/2 Ton)
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van 2500 Std Roof 144 WB (Full-Size Cargo Van, 3/4 Ton)
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van 3500 High Roff 144 WB (Full-Size Cargo Van, 1 Ton)