WASHINGTON – Bill S1036, just introduced to Congress, aims to increase use of non-highway, intermodal freight by 10 percent by 2020, according to Trucker.com.
Goals of the bill include:
- Reducing national per-capita motor vehicle miles traveled on an annual basis.
- Reducing national motor vehicle-related fatalities by 50 percent by 2030.
- Reducing national surface transportation-generated carbon dioxide levels by 40 percent by 2030.
- Reducing national surface transportation delays per capita on an annual basis, and
- Increasing the percentage of system-critical surface transportation assets that are in a state of good repair by 20 percent by 2030.