MUNICH, GERMANY – BMW’s 2008 1-Series tii, the latest in a long line of small, compact, fun-to-drive Bavarian cars, is set to come to the United States. BMW recently announced that a two-door, six-cylinder coupe version will be sold in the United States next year.
The 1-Series tii concept features:
- Carbon-fiber hood, mirror caps, rear diffuser, and front air intakes.
- A claimed “significant reduction in overall weight,” according to BMW.
- Trunk-mounted Gurney flaps aimed at reducing rear lift at high speed.
- Hood-mounted windsplits aimed at increasing straight-line stability.
- Racing-type front seats with harness holes, integrated headrests, and side airbags.
- Alcantara-covered dash, shift knob, steering wheel, and door panels.
- Tii-unique air intakes on rocker panels.
- White tachometer, steering wheel spokes, and door handles.
- Blue-colored six-piston front brake calipers, tow hook mounting point, driver’s seat stitching, driver’s seatbelt.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Mesh front grille slats.