Ford and its joint ventures in China sold 64,641 vehicles in February, up 2 percent compared to February 2016. Year-to-date sales for Ford in China totaled 153,073 vehicles, a 21 percent decrease compared to the same time last year.
Monthly sales for Changan Ford Automobile (CAF) totaled 42,695 vehicles, down 12 percent compared to the same time last year. Year-to-date sales for CAF totaled 108,858 vehicles, down 32 percent. CAF is rebuilding order banks in the first quarter after the strong close to 2016. Showroom traffic is improving and CAF expects 2017 to continue to strengthen with the launch key new vehicles such as the new EcoSport later this year.
Jiangling Motor Corporation sold 20,794 vehicles, a 48 percent increase compared to February 2016. Year-to-date sales for JMC totaled 41,043 vehicles, up 31 percent compared to the same time in 2016.
• Ford Edge sales increased 20 percent in February, compared to February 2016.
• Ford Everest sales increased 34 percent in February, compared to February 2016.
• Ford Taurus sales increased 9 percent compared to February 2016.
• Focus ST and RS sales increased 67 percent compared to February 2016.
• In February, Ford announced the Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew's pre-sale price of 560,000 RMB. This is the first time that the F-150 Raptor will be exported to China.