LAS VEGAS – Alternative Fuel Vehicle Institute (AFVi) continues hosting an environmentally friendly conference in Las Vegas, Nev., May 11-14. The 14th Alternative Fuels & Vehicles National Conference + Expo 2008 features environmentally friendly, alternative-fuel vehicles and technologies in an eco-friendly environment.
AFVi has incorporated environmental considerations throughout all stages of planning in order to minimize adverse environmental impacts. Attendees will experience:
- Communication through use of electronic advertising, promotion, and registration, when possible.
- Visible use of recycle containers with all paper and plastic to be recycled.
- Use of recycled paper and vegetable-based inks.
- Collect and reuse plastic name badge holders.
- Use of non-paper signage such as electronic monitors and plasma screens.
- Speaker handouts available electronically.
- When possible, events are within walking distance of the venue.
- Alternative fuel transportation provided if available, when necessary.
- Food is served to eliminate the need for paper or Styrofoam containers.
- Conference tote and materials bags are re-usable.
AFVi also incorporates green criteria in the selection of conference hotel and convention facilities. The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino offers a range of services from automated set-back thermostats to electric power co-generation from waste heat.
More information on the conference is available at www.afvi.org/NationalConference2008/.
Originally posted on Green Fleet Magazine