AutoPacific’s Ideal Vehicle Awards said Chrysler’s Ram brand got the top score in its “Popular Brand” category. Other Chrysler vehicles won in two categories, including the Jeep Grand Cherokee in the Mid-size SUV Category and the Chrysler Town & Country in the Minivan category.
Ford Motor Co. scored the most number of segment wins, at four categories. The automaker won for its Ford Flex in the Large Crossover SUV category, the F-150 pickup in the Light Duty Pickup category, the Taurus in the Large Car category, and the Escape in the Mid-Size Crossover SUV category.
General Motors’ vehicles also won in four categories, including the Chevrolet Silverado, in the Heavy Duty Pickup category, the Chevrolet Equinox in the Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV category, the Chevrolet Camaro in the Sporty Car category, and the GMC Yukon in the Luxury/Large SUV category.
Porsche was the top-scoring Premium brand vehicle. The top-scoring vehicle, overall, was the Mercedes-Benz ML-Class crossover SUV.
Other notable winners include Toyota, with two wins for its Lexus brand and one for its Toyota brand and Honda, for its Fit.
The following list shows the winners in each of AutoPacific's 2013 Ideal Vehicle Award categories:
- 2013 Overall Winner: Mercedes-Benz ML-Class
- Popular Brand (2013 Model Year): Ram
- Premium Brand (2013 Model Year): Porsche
- Luxury Car: Hyundai Equus
- Aspirational Luxury Car: Audi A5
- Large Car: Ford Taurus
- Luxury Mid-Size Car: Lexus ES
- Mid-Size Car: Nissan Altima
- Premium Compact Car: MINI 2-door
- Compact Car: Volkswagen Beetle
- Economy Car: Honda Fit
- Sports Car: Porsche 911
- Sporty Car: Chevrolet Camaro
- Hybrid/EV Car: Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- Light Duty Pickup: Ford F-150
- Heavy Duty Pickup: Chevrolet Silverado
- Luxury/Large SUV: GMC Yukon
- Mid-Size SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Luxury Crossover SUV: Mercedes-Benz ML-Class
- Large Crossover SUV: Ford Flex
- Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV: Chevrolet Equinox
- Mid-Size Crossover SUV: Ford Escape
- Compact Crossover SUV: Subaru XV Crosstrek
- Minivan: Chrysler Town & Country
- Hybrid/EV Truck: Lexus RX450h