August 29, 2022
Delivery Fleet Challenges: Fuel, Labor, and Supply Chain
In the newest Fast Forward video, Fleet Forward Editor Chris Brown sits down with Spencer Patton, owner of Patton Logistics, to discuss the challenges currently facing delivery fleets, including inflationary pressures around fuel costs, wages, and supply chain issues.
This episode was recorded on Aug. 23, days before Patton would be sued by FedEx Ground and have his contract terminated.
🎙Topics & Timestamps🎙
- 1:10 Patton shares the market size and scope for FedEx Ground and Amazon contractors and differences between the two models.
- 3:45 How inflationary pressures around fuel costs, wages, and supply chain uniquely impact delivery fleets.
- 6:50 Overview of ISPs’ relationship with FedEx Ground around safety, indemnification, and driver hiring.
- 9:15 Tactics ISPs are using to reduce costs and increase purchasing power in the face of inflationary pressures.
- 15:12 A new trade association for logistics professionals and its mission.
- 17:00 Patton explains #PurpleFriday.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!