February 28, 2022
Key Factors in the Sales Fleet Transition to EVs and the Connected Car
This episode is sponsored by:
Learn more about the Circle K Fleet Card.
This State of the Fleet Industry Spotlight Interview video produced by Automotive Fleet offers an updated look at the state of the fleet market as presented by AF Digital Editor Chris Brown. Here, we talk with Erik Asplund, head of commercial fleet and rental, for Volvo Car USA, about the exciting new world of electric vehicles in fleets.
🎙Today's topics include:
- What aspects of EV safety fleet managers should convey to their drivers in regard to batteries or performance.
- The operational costs and residual values of EVs and setting up charging.
- Potential issues with new connected car technology and over the air updates.
- What vehicle types sales fleets most prefer.
- The current state of Volvo’s product availability for corporate accounts.
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
1:13 EV Performance, Batteries, etc.
2:40 EV Total Cost of Ownership
7:48 The EV Experience
9:30 Safety Issues and the Connected Car
13:15 Dept. of Energy Study Comparing Gas SUV to EV SUV
14:10 Product Availability with Volvo
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!