November 10, 2021
State of the Wholesale Used-Vehicle Market in the UK
The Global Fleet Voices video series is produced by Automotive Fleet and offers an updated look at the multifaceted, multinational fleet market as presented by Automotive Fleet Editor Mike Antich.
In this episode, Mike speaks with Cox Automotive International Insights and Strategy Director, Phil Nothard, about the state of the wholesale used-vehicle market in the UK.
🌎 Today's topics include:
- The similarities between the US and UK fleet markets.
- How the raw materials shortage is disrupting the UK fleet market.
- Positive impacts of the decreasing numbers of new vehicle sales.
- The issue of remarketing vehicles right now.
- The UK hypothesis on when the semiconductor shortage will end.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🎥 Subscribe to the Automotive Fleet YouTube Channel!
🚗 Visit Global Fleet Management for more fleet industry content.
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
0:36 Sharing the Pain: Similarities Between the US and UK
2:12 How the Raw Materials Shortage Is Disrupting the UK Fleet Market
3:06 Positive Impacts of Decreasing New Car Sales
4:17 How New and Used Vehicles Prices Are Tied Together
5:40 The Issue of Remarketing Vehicles Now
6:32 UK Hypothesis on Semiconductor Availability
7:53 Semiconductor Manufactures Also Facing Shortages