October 11, 2021
Concern that Product Availability Constraints for MY-2022 will be a Repeat of MY-2021
The 71st State of the Fleet Industry video produced by Automotive Fleet offers an updated look at the state of the fleet market as presented by AF Editor Mike Antich.
Today's topics include:
- 2022 model-year gives every indication it will be a continuation product availability constraints experienced in the 2021 model-year.
- Fuel costs are up double digit, but total gallons purchased has declined.
- Replacement tire costs are up 3-10% depending on type and size of tire.
- Upward pressure on maintenance costs as vehicles are being kept in service longer due to the unpredictability of obtaining a replacement vehicle.
- Ongoing shortage of replacement parts increasing vehicle downtime at repair facilities.
🎥 Subscribe to the Automotive Fleet YouTube channel.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
Connect with Automotive Fleet on LinkedIn.
Follow Automotive Fleet on Twitter.
Like Automotive Fleet on Facebook.
👂 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!
State of the Fleet Industry on Apple Podcasts
State of the Fleet Industry on Spotify
State of the Fleet Industry on Google Podcasts
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
0:20 2022 Model Year Challenges and Observations
2:21 Order-to-Delivery Times for 2022 Model Year
4:46 The Rise of Fuel Costs and Hybrid Vehicles
6:04 Fixed and Operating Cost Increases
7:55 Extending the Service Life of Vehicles
9:36 Shortage of Replacement Parts