Chicago Area Clean Cities invites commercial and government fleets, community leaders, and the public, to attend its ninth Green Drives Conference & Expo on Tuesday, May 3.
This year’s program will be held at the Northern Illinois University Conference Center in Naperville, Illinois.
“This will be one of the first large business-networking events since the pandemic started two years ago. We expect to have more than 250 attendees, two-dozen speakers and up to 40 environmentally friendly vehicles on display,” said John Walton, chair, Chicago Area Clean Cities Coalition. “Green Drives is a must-attend event for anyone interested in sustainable transportation. It is a conference, a trade show, and an auto show, all-in-one, and all-in-one-day, celebrating the latest in green-vehicle technologies."
Speakers at this year’s show include:
- John Davis, the Emmy Award-winning host of MotorWeek Television
- Gil C. Quiniones, chief executive officer, ComEd
- Robert Duffer, senior editor, The Car Connection
- Jerry Quandt, executive director, Illinois Autonomous Vehicles Association
- Matt Herman, director of environmental science, Clean Fuels Alliance (formerly National Biodiesel Board)
- Anthony Maietta, life scientist, Air and Radiation Division, USEPA Region 5
- Angela Tin, vice president of environmental health, American Lung Association
- Jeff Carpenter, energy coordinator, United States Department of Agriculture
- Jim Keiken, director, University of Illinois Fire Service Institute
- Dr. Steffen Mueller, principal economist, Bioenergy and Transportation Emissions Research Group, University of Illinois Chicago
“Attendees not only get a chance to network with experts from throughout the region and the U.S., but they learn of first-hand experiences from fleets who use electric vehicles and alternative fuels,” Walton said. “At Green Drives, we connect the people and technologies that make sustainable transportation a reality. Our exhibitors also give attendees the chance to get behind the wheel of vehicles of all different sizes.”
Vehicle-fleet managers may register for a complimentary pass to attend the program. Offer is available for commercial or government fleet managers or other decision makers of vehicle fleet purchases, such as directors, city managers, mayors, or county officials.
“Green Drives is a great opportunity for commercial and municipal fleet managers, dealer personnel, small businesses, and clean-tech and clean-energy professionals to hear about the performance and environmental benefits of electric and alternative fuel vehicles,” Walton said. “Whether you run a small or large business, are a fleet manager, manage a dealership or service garage, or work in technology or energy, there will be topics of interest and networking opportunities for you.”
Originally posted on Green Fleet Magazine