November 1, 2021
The 72nd State of the Fleet Industry video produced by Automotive Fleet offers an updated look at the state of the fleet market as presented by AF Editor Mike Antich.
Today's topics include:
- Ford and GM 3rd Quarter 2021 Earnings Reports show that semiconductor constraints remain dynamic and volatile.
- Semiconductor OEM Marvell Technology says the possibility exists that the “painful period” of microprocessor shortages could extend into CY-2023.
- Higher commodity costs impacting OEMs are stressing margins.
- Across-the-board fleet cost increases in 2021 will extend into 2022.
- Questions regarding the Wheels-Donlen merger about the integration of backroom operations.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🎥 You can watch these episodes on the Automotive Fleet YouTube channel!
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
0:43 News from the Third Quarter Earnings Report from Ford and GM
5:15 The impact of the Wheels and Donlen Merger.
6:34 Who’s on the leadership team of the new company?
7:17 Near-Future Unanswered Questions About the Merger