PERC Offers Mobile Cost Calculators
The Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) has released a trio of cost calculator tools in three of the propane autogas industry's fastest-growing markets: agriculture, commercial landscape, and on road fleets. The calculators estimate potential fuel savings and ROI with clean, American-made propane when compared with conventional fuels like gasoline and diesel.
"One of the main reasons fleets, agribusiness operators or commercial landscapers consider making a switch to an alternative fuel like propane is simple: They want to improve their bottom line," said Tucker Perkins, PERC's chief business development officer. "With these new applications, equipment dealers, propane providers, and customers can easily calculate fuel costs with propane specific to their market and operations. And with the online and mobile tools, they can share results on the spot via email."
The PERC cost calculator series currently includes the Propane Irrigation Engine Calculator, Propane Mower Calculator, and Propane Autogas Calculator, which are conveniently available in multiple different platforms.
- The Web tools can be operated with Internet access online at propanecostcalculator.com.
- The calculators can be downloaded as a desktop tool for users to complete without any Internet or mobile access.
- Downloadable worksheets can be printed and filled in by hand for users without computer access.
- Mobile applications are available for phones and tablets in app stores for Apple and Android devices.
- Results from the applications can also easily be shared by email.
To learn more about propane, propane-powered technologies, or to access PERC's cost calculators, visit propanecostcalculator.com.