BMW has added new vehicles into its 3 Series model line, the performance plug-in-hybrids 330e and 330e xDrive sedans, the company announced.
The vehicles’ 2.0L BMW TwinPower Turbo engine mated to an eight-speed Sport Steptronic transmission, along with an electric traction motor, will produce a combined output of 288 hp and 310 lb.-ft. of torque with XtraBoost.
XtraBoost is a new feature in the new BMW 330e and 330e xDrive sedans that when activated provides an immediate 40 hp power increase for up to 10 seconds.
The 330e Sedan will have a 75 MPGe rating and an estimated range of 22 miles on its pure electric motor.
The vehicles will come standard with Active Guard, Frontal Collision warning with City Collision Mitigation and Lane Departure Warning, which now alerts the driver when a cyclist is detected. BMW's safety systems can automatically bring the vehicle to a full stop in the event of a potential collision.
The full list of standard features are as follows:
- 18-inch V-Spoke bi-color grey wheels with all-season run-flat 225/45R18 tires.
- Sport eight-speed automatic transmission
- Sport leather multi-function steering wheel
- Power front Sport seats
- 40/20/40 split rear seat
- Fine Wood trim with Ash Grey-Brown high gloss finishers.
- Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
- Automatic Climate control
- Dynamic Cruise control (reduces speed in corners and can apply brakes downhill)
- Rear view camera
- Live Cockpit Professional with hands-free Bluetooth and USB audio connection
- Alarm System
- SiriusXM Satellite radio with 1 year All Access Subscription
- Apple CarPlay Compatibility
- ConnectedDrive Services
- Acoustic Protection for Pedestrians
- Lane Departure Warning
- Active Protection - Automatic front seat belt tensioning, Automatic closing of windows and moonroof, Fatigue and Focus alert, Post-crash braking.
- Active Guard - Pedestrian warning with braking, Frontal Collision Warning, City Collision Mitigation with braking, Speed Limit information.