Manheim will implement Simulcast-only sales at all of its U.S. locations effective March 16 to April 3, following the ongoing public health and safety concerns of COVID-19.
During this time, Manheim will waive all Simulcast Buy and Simulcast Sell Success fees.
However, Manheim’s physical auction locations and digital channels are still fully operational to service buying and selling needs, according to Manheim. During sale day, seller representatives will be allowed to represent their vehicles, but are encouraged to use online seller tools. Buyers may view vehicles on the lot but are asked to respect social distancing. However, buying dealers will not be allowed to enter the physical auction buildings or lanes during sale day.
During non-sale days, Manheim locations will be operating as normal and open to sellers and buyers.
Other safety measures Manheim has implemented includes:
- Having protocols in place to activate closures, deep cleanings and appropriate quarantine procedures should the need arise
- Halting all food service in lanes and lots
- Extending cleaning crew hours
- Sending ongoing communications to team members to follow CDC sanitation guidelines
- Posting signs to remind team members, clients and visitors to wash and sanitize their hands often
- Any team members who feel ill are instructed to not report for work and communicate with their managers.
Manheim said it also activated its Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for pandemic situations. The plan’s purpose is to ensure the continuation of services and to establish ongoing communications between key stakeholders as circumstances evolve.