The third annual class of fleet visionaries were honored at the 2018 Automotive Fleet & Leasing Association (AFLA) annual conference in Orlando, Florida, on Oct. 2.
A total of 20 fleet professionals were honored at an awards ceremony during the conference. Of the 20, Nancy Murray, senior manager of general services and travel, Agfa Corporation, was named Fleet Visionary of the Year.
The Fleet Visionary award is open to any fleet professional with 10 years or fewer in the industry who has brought a new perspective to running a commercial fleet with the result that the fleet is more operationally efficient, cost-effective, safer, or any combination of these by introducing new methods, efficiencies, and/or technologies.
The award, sponsored by Merchants Fleet Management, is designed to recognize and celebrate new voices in fleet management. The honorees were announced by associates from Merchants.
The 20 fleet visionaries for 2018 are:
- Nancy Murray - Agfa Corporation
- Sarah Bechtold - Ecolab
- Samantha Johnson – AbbVie
- Daniel Cannon - Schindler Elevator Corp.
- Jim Curcio - Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Chad Edmondson - Ferguson Enterprises
- Raymond Jozwiak - Cunningham Lindsey
- Karla Guajardo - Honeywell
- Milver Ramirez-Sweet - DPR Construction
- Mike Dunlap - Booster Fuels
- Sean Maczko - ACRT Pacific
- Matthew Weisensel - Saulsbury Industries
- Joelle Larente – Bath Fitter
- Ted Chan – ABM Industries
- Philip Orosco – LKQ Corp.
- Mario Moses – Bayer
- Daniel Lopez - Kraft Heinz Company
- Josh Light - Xcel Energy
- Richard Callis – PepsiCo
- Paulette Gates – American Red Cross
A detailed look at the fleet visionaries will be featured in an upcoming issue of Automotive Fleet.