Vehicle logistics provider PARS has added a mobile app for its drivers so its customers can access real-time order information and detailed vehicle condition reports through the PARS customer portal.
Today's fleet managers face much shorter decision time frames and more complicated moves involving large numbers of vehicles, coordination between multiple fleet service providers; varied vehicle services, and numerous logistical concerns, according to Erik Rasmussen, PARS director of strategic operations.
"Our mobile app will not only provide important order details and tools optimizing PARS driver efficiency and accuracy," said Rasmussen, "but it provides customers with the most accurate and timely information about their orders and vehicle condition, allowing better decision making and optimized fleet management."
Key mobile app customer benefits include:
- Real-time updates to orders available through the PARS customer portal regarding pickup and delivery
- Detailed electronic condition reports – emailed to the pickup and delivery party and available on the PARS customer portal – providing photos, documenting damages, confirming glovebox contents, ensuring accessory operations, and capturing pickup and delivery signatures
- Confirmation of services completion
The new mobile app is optimized for both iOS and Android smartphones. It also provides operational enhancements, including:
- Visibility into available orders to logistically optimize vehicle movement and avoid "deadhead" miles
- Assigned order details and management, including phone calls to pick up and delivery, services execution, and condition reporting
- Completion of pickup and delivery condition reports, including standard photos, damage photos, and customer sign off
- Access to PARS partnerships and discount codes for hotels and transportation
- Accident reporting including critical information and photos