The Car and Truck Fleet and Leasing Management Magazine

Chrysler Group Reports October 2004 U.S. Sales Rise 2 Percent

November 9, 2004

Building on strong previous-year October sales results, Chrysler Group reported U.S. sales of 170,169 units, a 2 percent improvement over October 2003 sales of 166,262. October's results continue the positive sales performance momentum for the Chrysler Group, representing 12 of the past 13 months Chrysler Group has experienced a monthly year-over-year sales increase. Sales are calculated on a day-rate basis. The Chrysler brand posted sales of 48,178 units, an increase of 38 percent over October 2003. The Chrysler 300 posted sales of 10,735 units. October results for the Chrysler 300 continued above 10,000 units for six consecutive months. Chrysler Pacifica set a new sales record by posting sales of 10,029 units, an increase of 30 percent over October 2003 results. Chrysler PT Cruiser sales improved 29 percent to 8,425 units, while Chrysler Town & Country posted sales of 10,656 units, improving 8 percent over October 2003 sales of 9,845 units. The Dodge brand, led by strong sales of Durango, Caravan, and Magnum, and powered by the volume of the Dodge Ram pickup, posted sales of 90,859 units, breaking even with last year's strong performance of 91,184 units. Dodge Durango sales improved 99 percent to 10,508 units for October 2004. Dodge Caravan posted sales of 16,536 units, improving 7 percent over October 2003. Dodge Magnum posted sales of 4,749 units. Dodge Ram posted sales of 34,717, a decrease of 16 percent compared to last year's near-record total of 41,162 units. Jeep brand sales declined 23 percent as current Grand Cherokee inventory is depleted and the new Jeep Grand Cherokee continues arriving at dealerships. Jeep Wrangler sales declined 16 percent to 5,437 units, and Jeep Liberty posted sales of 11,727, down 21 percent from year ago levels. Peterson's 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine recently named the Jeep Grand Cherokee as the winner of its coveted 4x4 of the Year award. The 2004 award represents the tenth year a Jeep vehicle has won in the 23 years the award has been given, and the seventh time Jeep Grand Cherokee has won the award.Chrysler Group finished the month with 582,626 units of inventory, or a 92-day supply.
Twitter Facebook Google+


Please note that comments may be moderated. 
Leave this field empty:

Fleet Incentives

Determine the actual cost of owning and running a vehicle in your fleet. Compare vehicles by class and model.


Fleet Tracking And Telematics

Todd Ewing from Verizon Connect will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Fleet Management And Leasing

Jack Firriolo from Merchants will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Fuel Management

Bernie Kanavagh from WEX will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Sponsored by

An OBD-II port is included in all light-duty vehicles manufactured in 1996 or later. It allows for a scanning tool to be used with the vehicle to determine certain diagnostic information.

Read more

Up Next

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher