Hyundai Announces Pricing for Redesigned 2012 Azera
COSTA MESA, CA - Hyundai Motor America has announced pricing for the completely redesigned 2012 Azera, starting at $32,000 for the Azera and $36,000 for the Azera with Technology Package. According to the company, the all-new 2012 Azera is better equipped than the fully-loaded, previous generation 2011 Azera Limited.
Among the new 2012 standard features are:
- Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engine technology.
- Best-in-class combined fuel economy of 23 mpg.
- 293 hp.
- Blue Link telematics system.
- Proximity key with push-button start.
- Heated rear seats.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- SACHS Amplitude Selective Dampers (ASD) for improved ride comfort without compromising handling.
The Technology Package includes:
- 19-inch alloy wheels and tires(P245/40VR)
- Panoramic Sunroof
- HID Xenon headlights
- Power rear sunshade
- Manual side window sunshades
- Infinity premium speakers with subwoofer and external amplifier
- Power adjustable tilt and telescopic steering column
- Integrated Memory System (IMS): Power driver's seat, exterior mirrors, and steering column
- Driver's seat cushion extension
- Ventilated front seats
- Rear parking assistance sensors
- Interior ambient lighting
The 2012 Azera will be offered in just two equipment levels and will go on sale in April.
The 2012 Azera is powered by the new Lambda II 3.3L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engine, mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC. The powertrain is rated at 293 hp, while delivering best-in-class fuel economy of 20 mpg city, 29 mpg highway, and 23 mpg combined. Azera's powertrain also has an Active Eco system, which modifies engine and transmission control for improved fuel economy, translating into more than 5 percent improvement in real-world fuel economy.
Technology isn't forgotten in addition to the array of interior premium features. Premium sedan consumers can stay connected with the standard Bluetooth hands-free phone system and Hyundai's Blue Link telematics system, which combines safety, service and infotainment.
Hyundai's commitment to safety continues with the new Azera, offering best-in-class standard safety features, including nine airbags and impact-absorbing front seats. The Vehicle Stability Management system links safety features such as ESC, TCS, EBD, and Brake Assist to maximize their effectiveness in potential collision situations.
The all-new 2012 Azera is a premium large sedan positioned between the midsize Sonata and the mid-luxury Genesis, in regards to vehicle dimensions, powertrain and features content. Azera comprehensively delivers on customers' stylistic and functional needs and will serve as an aspirational product for move-up sedan buyers within Hyundai's model lineup.