NETS Promotes ‘Back to Basics’ for Drive Safely Work Week
VIENNA, VA — This week the Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS) has been promoting the concept of “Back to Basics” for its Drive Safely Work Week campaign. Although this week is coming to a close, the safety tips apply to company drivers year-round.
The DSWW campaign focused on the following driver behaviors:
- Buckling up all the time and encouraging others to do the same;
- Recognizing and preventing fatigue-impaired driving;
- Driving distraction-free;
- Safe parking and backing; and
- Fine-tuning the fundamentals to avoid some of the most common types of crashes.
You can download the free materials for employers from this campaign here.
“Having safe-driving policies in place is a crucial component of an organization’s safety culture,” said Sandra Lee, NETS Chair and Director of Worldwide Fleet Safety for Johnson & Johnson. “Drive Safely Work Week is an ideal time for employers to take a look at their policies–particularly those covering issues such as mobile device and safety belt usage—update them if necessary, and redistribute them to employees to renew attention and focus on safe-driving behaviors.”