Deadliest Roads in U.S. Identified
NEW YORK --- California has four of the top 10 deadliest roads, according to NHTSA data analysis by FOXNews.com. Three of those roads are stretches of the same Interstate: I-10 in California and Arizona.
Eight of the top 10 are in Western states -- California, Arizona, Nevada and Texas. The other two are in Florida. All, except one, are major interstate highways.
According to FOXNews.com, here are the roads with the most fatalities over the past five years, by county:
1. I-15 in San Bernardino County, CA (346 deaths)
2. I-10 in Riverside County, CA (182 deaths)
3. I-10 in Maricopa County, AZ (178 deaths)
4. I-5 in Los Angeles County, CA (158 deaths)
5. I-45 in Harris County, TX (153 deaths)
6. I-15 in Clark County, NV (148 deaths)
7. I-95 in Palm Beach County, FL (131 deaths)
8. I-10 in Pinal County, AZ (118 deaths)
Tied for 8. I-5 in San Diego County, CA (118 deaths)
9. US-1 in Miami-Dade County, FL (102 deaths).