ALG Announces Annual Residual Value Award Winners
SANTA BARBARA, CA – ALG announced its 13th Annual Residual Value Awards, which honor vehicles in specific segments that the company predicts will retain the highest percentage off MSRP after a three-year period.
The automotive brands that led the awards are Subaru, for the top mainstream brand, and Lexus, for the top luxury brand. ALG said it chose this year’s winners after evaluating criteria such as segment competition, historical vehicle performance and industry trends.
ALG said Audi received the most segment awards of any brand (winning a total of three for the A6, the S5, and the Q7). Toyota received awards for the pickup truck categories for the Tacoma and Tundra. Honda took home awards for the Fit and Odyssey. Chrysler earned an award for the Jeep Wrangler, and General Motors took home an award for the GMC Acadia. For the alternative-fuel vehicle categories, VW’s Golf TDI and Lexus’ CT 200h received awards.
Other winners include the Hyundai Elantra, Mazda Mazdaspeed3, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Nissan Maxima.
Here is the list of winners by segment as well as the overall category winners:
- Mainstream Brand: Subaru of America
- Luxury Brand: Lexus, a division of Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
- Sub Compact Car: Honda Fit
- Compact Car: Hyundai Elantra
- Mid-size Car: Subaru Legacy
- Full-size Car: Nissan Maxima
- Sporty Car: Mazdaspeed3
- Alternative Powertrain: Volkswagen Golf TDI
- MPV: Honda Odyssey
- Compact Utility: Jeep Wrangler
- Mid-size Utility: Subaru Outback
- Full-size Utility: GMC Acadia
- Mid-size Pickup: Toyota Tacoma
- Full-size Pickup: Toyota Tundra
- Near Luxury Car: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Luxury Car: Audi A6
- Luxury Sports Car: Audi S5
- Luxury Alt-Fuel: Lexus CT 200h
- Luxury Compact Utility: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Luxury Mid-size Utility: Land Rover Ranger Rover Sport
- Luxury Full-size Utility: Audi Q7