OnTerra Upgrades Route Planning Software
OnTerra Systems introduced the RouteSavvy Premium API, a new version of their route optimization application program interface for independent software vendor and in-house software development teams at companies that need enterprise route planning and route optimization software systems.
The main reason RouteSavvy route optimization APIs are deployed are to more efficiently route vehicles involved in deliveries, pick-ups, and service calls, saving significant time and money that goes straight to the bottom line.
RouteSavvy Premium API offers advanced route optimization functions including:
- Time Windows: This RouteSavvy route optimization feature allows users to specify a window of time when drivers need to arrive at a particular stop. RouteSavvy Premium API can calculate the optimal route for arriving within a specified window of time, and can be used in conjunction with other premium features.
- Commercial-Truck Road Restrictions: RouteSavvy Premium API can provide optimized routes based on height, width, length, or weight restrictions on certain roads, and recommend an efficient, optimized route appropriate for the height, width, length, or weight of specific vehicles in a company’s fleet;
- HazMat Driving Restrictions: RouteSavvy Premium API also can factor in Hazardous Materials Road restrictions, and allow users to generate an optimized route with restrictions against hazardous materials being carried by certain vehicles in the fleet that carry hazardous materials;
- Real-Time Traffic: RouteSavvy Premium API can access real-time traffic data to identify roads with traffic problems or delays and provide optimized routes that take into consideration traffic delays as they occur, and allow route planning solutions built with the RouteSavvy Premium API to re-route vehicles on the fly;
- Predictive Traffic Routing: RouteSavvy Premium API also can access traffic history information from a variety of sources about traffic delay patterns and provide an optimized route based on future traffic conditions.
- Up to 100 Stops: Unlike many Route Optimization APIs, the RouteSavvy Premium API can provide optimized routes using up to 100 stops (50 stops with traffic). This is significantly more than other route optimization solutions at this price point that typically only allow 15-25 stops to be optimized. The RouteSavvy Premium API allows developers of route optimization systems to optimize larger routes, and for multiple days.
- Avoid Areas: The RouteSavvy Premium API allows users to specify an area that they want the optimized route to avoid. This is very useful for avoiding high congestion, high crime, weather and road conditions.
RouteSavvy Premium API is a cost-effective way for independent software developers and enterprise software developers to gain access to advanced route optimization functionality. The results and benefits of deploying RouteSavvy API Premium include:
- Improved route optimization for scenarios that aren’t handled well by most route optimization software systems
- Time savings
- Fuel savings
- Labor cost savings
- Improved customer satisfaction
Using the RouteSavvy Premium API, route optimization system developers can integrate advanced, money- and time-saving route optimization features that result in a powerful, cost-saving route optimization system. RouteSavvy Premium APIs are priced starting at $4 per vehicle per month, with multiple discount levels available base on the volume of vehicles in a fleet.