Nearly all in the trucking industry are aware of the new Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) mandate for electronic logging devices (ELD). However, there are many nuances to the rule that companies and drivers should also understand. This article will answer a few questions regarding this new mandate:
- What is an Electronic Logging Device?
- Why is the FMCSA requiring these devices?
- When does the new rule go into effect and when are companies and drivers required to comply?
- Who must comply with the new rule?
- What other requirements were included in the rule?
Telogis and Fleetmatics are now part of Verizon Telematics. A representative from Verizon Telematics will be reaching out to you.
By Telogis, A Verizon Company