NAFA Fleet Management Association, the vehicle fleet industry's largest membership association, announces the recipients of the sixth annual Fleet Excellence awards (FLEXYs), presented last night during the opening of its annual conference, the NAFA Institute & Expo (I&E).
The FLEXYs shine a spotlight on those who have impacted fleet management in both the corporate and public fleet segments during the previous year. Three finalists were chosen for each of the seven categories.
The winners of the 2018 FLEXY Awards are:
Outstanding Achievements in Public Service Fleet Management
- Robert Gordon, director of fleet management, DeKalb County (Ga.) Fleet Management
Outstanding Achievements in Corporate Fleet Management
- Adam Orth, CAFM, fleet services manager, General Mills
Excellence in Public Fleet Sustainability Accomplishment
- Rick Medina; fleet, fuel, and equipment services; Mission Support and Test Services
Excellence in Corporate Sustainability Accomplishment
- Safelite AutoGlass
Excellence in Public Fleet Safety
- Charles Grab, UCONN Transportation and Fleet Services
Excellence in Corporate Safety
- Joe Suarez, director, Florida Power & Light Company
Excellence in Fleet Leadership
- Steven Schoen, director, Mobility Services Americas, Siemens
Regular Member of the Year
- Gary Lentsch, CAFM, Eugene Water & Electric Board, Eugene, Oregon
Associate Member of the Year
- Marianne Stewart, CAFM, Auto Driveaway
The FLEXYs are open to all fleet professionals, regardless of whether or not they were members of NAFA Fleet Management Association. Industry leaders, acting as judges in the selection process for finalists and winners, never saw the names of nominees or the organizations they work for.
Voting was 100 percent blind, based solely upon the actions and ideas listed by the nominees on their submission forms. This allowed for unbiased selection based strictly on the quality of nominee accomplishments.
Wheels, Inc., is the corporate sponsor of this year's FLEXY awards.