Buick recently revealed the 2024 Encore GX, a subcompact crossover featuring new styling but the same motor. The Encore GX has a reimagined Sport Touring trim and introduces the Avenir, but another major feature is the 19-inch Virtual Cockpit System (VCS). VCS features 19 diagonal inches of high-definition screens under one sheet of glass, comprising an 11-inch diagonal infotainment system — the largest infotainment screen in its segment, according to Buick — and a configurable 8-inch diagonal driver cluster screen.
“The new Encore GX delivers a sleek, sporty, sophisticated presence,” said Bob Boniface, director of Global Buick Design. “It’s inherently functional, yet the new exterior design creates a more stylish and modern persona that is unique in today’s small SUV segment.”
Along with new front-end styling, the Encore GX is the first vehicle in North America to adopt the brand’s new tri-shield logo.
- Trims: Avenir and Sport Touring.
- Virtual Cockpit System.
- New Tri-Shield Logo.
- New 18-inch and 19-inch wheel options.
- 1.2-liter turbocharged engine.
- A 1.3-liter turbocharged engine is also available.
- AWD is available across all trims.
Technology and Safety
- Buick’s Virtual Cockpit System.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay.
- Android Auto.
- Buick Driver Confidence package.
- Automatic Emergency Braking.
- Lane Keep Assist.
- Lane Departure Warning.
- IntelliBeam auto high-beams.
Buick Encore GX MSRP
- 2024 GX Preferred: $26,895
- 2024 Sport Touring: $28,095
- 2024 Avenir: $33,195
- 2023 GX Preferred $27,095
- 2023 GX Select $28,495
- 2023 GX Essence $31,695
- NHTSA five star rating overall for 2023 model, rollover and front passenger tests received four stars.
- The 2024 Encore GX will enter production in March and will be available in spring.