May 8, 2023
Holman & Schindler Elevator Corporation Talk Fleet Electrification and Custom Upfits
This episode of Fleet Momentum is sponsored by and created in partnership with Holman. 🤝
When it comes to electrification of commercial vehicles, there are a number of considerations beyond just the vehicle model — fleets must consider new strategies around spec’ing, upfits, and duty cycles. In this Fleet Momentum episode, Chris Brown, Bobit associate publisher, discusses these challenges in a real-world scenario with Gibran Lehmkuhl, head of purchasing & mobility for Schindler Elevator Corporation, and Ted Davis, senior VP and COO, manufacturing and distribution for Holman.
Fleet Momentum videos are designed to shine a spotlight on key industry leaders, trends, and products for fleet management.
Topics & Timestamps
- 0:00 Introduction of Gibran and Ted.
- 1:30 Gibran explains Schindler Elevator Corporation’s Net Zero commitment and the company’s fleet electrification progress to date.
- 3:30 How is Schindler matching the job duties of the fleet with the capabilities of the EV models on the marketplace today?
- 5:40 Gibran explains how Holman, Schindler’s fleet management partner, has helped shape the company’s EV strategy.
- 6:50 Ted explains how Holman is working with fleet clients to fit new EV models into their duty cycles.
- 8:25 Ted highlights the special considerations when upfitting a commercial EV versus a traditional ICE vehicle.
- 10:30 Ted explains how Holman’s unique range of automotive services can help in the electrification process, including collaborating with OEMs and bringing new, innovative upfit solutions to market.
💡 Learn more about Holman.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🎥 Subscribe to the Automotive Fleet YouTube channel!
Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out our podcast!