November 30, 2022
Understanding the Transition from Aftermarket to Factory-Installed Modems
This episode of Fleet Momentum is sponsored by and created in partnership with AT&T 🤝
Fleets have been deriving value and improving efficiencies with telematics systems for years. Traditionally, this involved installing a modem in each fleet vehicle. Today, most modems are available directly from the factory. In this Fleet Momentum video series, Jason Hammond, director of mobile field solutions at AT&T, discusses the transition to OEM-sourced modems, the benefits they provide, and what fleets need to be thinking about when managing them and the data they provide.
Fleet Momentum videos are designed to shine a spotlight on key industry leaders, trends, and products for fleet management.
Topics & Timestamps
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:15 The cost and efficiency benefits for light-duty vehicles to come with automakers’ modems direct from the factory
- 4:15 What fleets should know in a mixed environment with both legacy aftermarket modems mixed with factory-sourced modems
- 6:45 How to handle the difference in modems since not all are standardized across OEMs
- 8:30 How this trend factors into fleeting EVs and what data to gather and analyze
- 10:55 How to manage multiple systems and multiple dashboards, especially with EVs
💡 Learn more about AT&T.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🎥 Subscribe to the Automotive Fleet YouTube channel!
Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out our podcast!