Nissan Pathfinder Draws 5-Star Safety Rating
Photo of Nissan Pathfinder courtesy of Nissan.
The 2017 model-year Nissan Pathfinder has earned a 5-star overall vehicle safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, as part of the agency’s New Car Assessment Program.
To qualify for the top safety rating, the Pathfinder scored 5 stars in the side crash test and 4 stars in the frontal crash and rollover evaluations. The 5-star overall score applies to both the two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.
Beginning with the 2011 model year, NHTSA introduced more stringent tests and requirements in order to earn 5-star ratings.
“Pathfinder delivers a safe and secure driving experience that is now augmented with our Nissan Safety Shield suite of technologies,” said Michael Bunce, vice president of product planning for Nissan North America.
Standard safety and security features include:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side-impact air bags
- Roof-mounted supplemental curtain air bags for side impact and rollover head protection for outboard passengers in all three rows (includes rollover sensor)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) — second-row outboard seating positions only
- Child safety rear door locks
- Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control System.