Infiniti QX60 Earns Top Safety Score
Photo of Infiniti QX60 courtesy of Infiniti.
The 2017 model-year Infiniti QX60 SUV has earned a 5-Star overall safety rating in the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program testing.
To qualify for the top overall score, the QX60 scored five stars in the side crash test and four stars each in the frontal crash and rollover evaluations, according to NHTSA. MGA Research performed the testing for the federal safety agency.
“With safety features including Predictive Forward Collision Warning and Forward Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection available, the QX60 incorporates industry-leading safety technologies to help ensure a secure driving experience,” said Randy Parker, vice president of Infiniti of Americas.
The Infiniti QX60 is available with front-wheel drive, intelligent all-wheel drive, and hybrid drivetrains. The 5-Star overall safety rating covers both the FWD and AWD configurations.
A suite of advanced safety and driving assistance technologies — with available predictive forward collision warning and forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection -- can intervene to help prevent collisions when necessary, along with backup collision intervention.
Other safety features include Moving Object Detection as part of the Around View Monitor, as well as lane departure warning, lane departure prevention, blind spot warning, blind spot intervention, intelligent cruise control, distance control assist, and front pre-crash seat belts.
The standard safety features on the 2017 QX60 include:
- Advanced air bag system with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control System.