AF Recognizes the Top Women in Fleet
These women have not only proven expertise in their field, but have also earned the respect of their colleagues as the most influential fleet managers and fleet professionals in the industry.
What was once considered a predominantly male industry now overflows with an abundance of talented and skilled female professionals. Featured in this article are those who stand out among the long list of women who have made a difference — those who have demonstrated success in their own specific organizations, as well as in industry associations, and serve as an example to the rest of their peers.
On the fleet management side alone, these 25 women include Fleet Hall of Fame inductees, Professional Fleet Manager of the Year and Fleet Executive of the Year honorees, and a finalist for the International Fleet Manager of the Year.
(Click here to view the print version of this article.)
25 OF THE TOP WOMEN FLEET MANAGERS
Senior Manager of Fleet Services
● 2011 Professional Fleet Manager of the Year.
● Grew fleet from 250 units to 3,200 over 19-year period.
● Reduced accidents by 30 percent in three years.
● AFLA past president and conference chair; former chair of NAFA St. Louis
Donna Bibbo, CAFM
Manager, Fleet & Travel
● Three-time nominee for Professional Fleet Manager of Year.
● Grew fleet from 1,260 units to 4,000 in six-year period.
● NAFA New Jersey Chapter chair and treasurer, chair of National Audit
Committee, FleetEd Advisory Council, and Safety Advisory Council; AFLA director at large, secretary; co-chair of AFLA Education Committee, and AFLA Arrangements Committee member.
Shirley Collins, CAFM
Director, North America Fleet
● 2000 Professional Fleet Manager of the Year and 2011 Fleet Hall of Fame inductee.
● Saved company $44.4 million since 2001 through contract
negotiations, vehicle selections, and automation of processes.
● Served in various capacities within AFLA and NAFA, as well as industry
Christy Coyte Meyer
Corporate Global Fleet Director
Johnson Controls Inc.
● 2009 Professional Fleet Manager of the Year.
● Year-over-year GHG reductions and improvements in fuel efficiency.
● Improved fleet operations in Europe since standardizing documentation and processes.
● Vice chair, NAFA Great Lakes Chapter; member of LeasePlan Global and U.S. Advisory Boards.
Strategic Sourcing Fleet Commodity Mgr.
● Two-time nominee for Professional Fleet Manager of the Year.
● Consolidated 11 business units for a savings of more than $10 million.
● Serves on OEM and FMC advisory boards.
● Integrated 2,500 vehicles into fleet without increasing staff.
● Reduced costs and saved millions through ongoing process improvements and negotiations.