Ford Rolls Out Global Telogis-Powered Telematics Platform
Photo courtesy of Ford.
Ford is taking its Telogis-powered factory telematics system to a global audience in a rebranding of the existing Crew Chief platform, Ford announced on the eve of the NTEA's Work Truck Show in Indianapolis.
The new data acquisition feature will be called Ford Telematics powered by Telogis, and will help fleets run more efficient operations and better serve their customers, executives said.
Ford Telematics is the next generation of the fleet management platform previously known as Crew Chief powered by Telogis, which was available only in the United States and Canada. The new version will be available globally. The suite of cloud-based applications gives commercial customers the ability to track and manage drivers in the field and provides metrics and analytics for fleet managers.
The system will be available for the redesigned 2016 F-650 and F-750 as well as on several 2009 and newer commercial vehicles.
"Ford, in coordination with Telogis, is leading the development of smart solutions for hardworking fleets so they can maximize their operations to better serve their customers," said Raj Nair, Ford's chief technical officer and group vice president of global product development.
Ford Telematics services and features include:
- Mobile connectivity: Connects workers in the field with fleet managers to coordinate Department of Transportation compliance (including hours of service and driver vehicle inspection reports), work orders and more
- Data reporting: Ford-exclusive data and services for more vehicle intelligence, such as diesel emissions and idle time
- Workflow and information gateways: Integration with new workflows, scripted alerts and application programming interfaces that connect Ford Telematics with customer information systems to leverage data in new ways in the back office or in the field
- In-cab alerts: Provide audible driver feedback on harsh acceleration, hard braking, excessive speed and excessive vehicle idle time
- Driver scorecards: Customizable driver behavior scorecards, dashboards and optional Telogis Coach, an industry-first driver feedback mobile application for Android or iOS
- Fuel management: Fuel management reports and dashboards
- Dashboards: Ready-to-use dashboards monitor driver behavior and operations to help ensure the fleet is running efficiently and productively
- Customizable reports: Easier-to-use reports with new user interface improvements, resource filtering and more output formats
Ford Telematics is available from the factory and as a dealer-installed option. Ford Telematics can be financed with the purchase of a Ford vehicle and is covered under a 3-year, 36,000-mile limited warranty. The system is serviceable at Ford dealerships. Global availability is coming soon.
It is available on Ford vehicles including the SuperDuty trucks, F-150, Transit, Transit Connect, and E-Series van. It is also available on the Ford Police Interceptor Utility and P.I. sedan through a version of Ford Telematics powered by Telogis Law Enforcement Edition.