CALSTART 2008 Blue Sky Award Ceremony & Luncheon
||Jun 10, 2008 - Jun 10, 2008
The 2008 Blue Sky Award ceremony and luncheon is rapidly approaching June 10 – make your reservations now to attend the awards event for the advanced transportation industry!
This year’s winners represent the best in our expanding industry: they’ve taken real actions with real products to improve air quality, combat global warming, ensure our energy security and create sustainable jobs. Please join us on June 10 to celebrate the winners!
- Eaton Corporation, of Cleveland , Ohio, won the Blue Sky Award for being the world’s first in developing and bringing to market both hybrid electric and hybrid hydraulic systems for medium and heavy commercial vehicles.
- Business Region, Goteborg of Sweden , won the Charles R. Imbrecht Blue Sky Innovation Award for catalyzing Sweden’s use of biomethane as a renewable transportation fuel now powering 4,500 natural gas cars, trucks and buses and a commuter train.
- Southern Counties Express, Inc., of Los Angeles , Calif., won a Blue Sky Merit Award for buying a fleet of liquefied natural gas (LNG) port trucks and operating an LNG fueling station that is publicly available to the port trucking community.
- Union Pacific Railroad Co., of Omaha , Neb., won a Blue Sky Merit Award for the development, procurement and deployment of more than 150 ultra-low emitting “Genset” multi-engine diesel switching locomotives.
- ZipCar, of San Francisco , Calif., won a Blue Sky Merit Award for its car-sharing program and its impact on the environment, reduction of parking demands, lessening of traffic congestion and greenhouse emissions.
The 2008 Blue Sky Award awards ceremony and luncheon will be held on June 10, 2008 at the Hilton Universal City, 11.30am – 1.30pm.