[1930-2008] Former president of McCullagh Leasing, John Blessing served as president and chairman of the American Automotive Leasing Association (AALA), testifying in Washington, D.C. during 1985 hearings on the Federal Trade Commission's Used Car Rule. He was also active in NAFA Fleet Management Association and AFLA. Blessing's fleet career spanned 1969-1987.
Blessing graduated from Columbia University and worked at Commercial Credit Company in Baltimore before its purchase of McCullagh Leasing in 1969. At that time, Blessing was president of Commercial Credit Industrial Corp., which specialized in commercial equipment leasing/financing. In 1970, Blessing moved to Detroit, where McCullagh was headquartered, and became president of the combined CCIC/McCullagh Leasing. In early 1974, Blessing returned to Baltimore, where he became president of all of Commercial Credit's commercial leasing and financing entities, which included vehicle, industrial and construction equipment, computers, and aircraft.
Blessing was later named senior VP of Commercial Credit, responsible for European operations from 1983-1986.
Commercial Credit reorganized in 1986 and Blessing returned to Detroit as president of McCullagh Leasing. In 1987, the Bank of New England acquired McCullagh Leasing. Blessing retired in March 1987 and moved to Ponte Vedra, Fla., where he lived until his death in 2008.