DALLAS – Mary Kay is celebrating the “birth” of its iconic pink Cadillac 43 years ago. The company provided some details on the number of these vehicles currently driven by Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants across the U.S.
Today, there are more than 1,200 Mary Kay pink Cadillacs on the road nationwide. In addition, more than 19,000 Cadillacs have been driven by Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants over the years.
The modern-day Cadillac comes in pearlized pink, a color unique to the Mary Kay Career Car program. Qualified Mary Kay Independent Sales Directors who earn the use of a pink Cadillac can choose from the CTS or SRX models. The company offers a range of other vehicles as part of this program, though, including the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, the Chevrolet Malibu, the Toyota Camry, the Chevrolet Equinox and the newest addition to the list, the Ford Mustang.
Mary Kay has offered the black Ford Mustang for a year, through Sept. 2013, and had made the vehicle available to qualifying Independent Sales Directors for another year. The company stated there are more than 186 Mary Kay Ford Mustangs on the road currently.
Some facts about the Mary Kay Career Car program include the following:
- In 1969 the retail price of a pink Cadillac was approx. $5,900. Today it’s approx. $41,295
- Mary Kay Career Cars have logged an estimated 3.7 billion miles throughout the U.S. in the last 43 years
- Mary Kay Career Cars have (figuratively) circled the Globe 148,585 times
- Since 1969 nearly 140,000 Mary Kay independent sales force members have qualified or re-qualified for the use of a Mary Kay career car
- Today nearly 5,600 Mary Kay Career Cars are on the road, representing a retail market value of approx. $159 million