LAS VEGAS - At a press event at the CONEXPO-CON/AGG construction industry trade show, Navistar introduced several new features for its International WorkStar line of severe service trucks. Along with an all-new high visibility sloped hood option, the new WorkStar model will also include a completely refined interior with ergonomic enhancements and improved driver comfort features.
"With the new sloped hood, WorkStar is now available in a comprehensive range of specifications to meet the diverse needs of our vocational truck customers," said Jim Hebe, Navistar's senior vice president, North American sales operations. "Together with the improved visibility and interior enhancements, the WorkStar provides an added level of comfort and convenience that allows these vocational truck drivers to do their jobs safely and effectively."
The new sloped hood option on WorkStar provides best-in-class visibility for the driver. In addition, a strong vocational "mega-bracket" design inspired from the International PayStar® 5900 Set-Back Axle (SBA) supports the radiator and front-end. Following are the key product features for the International WorkStar 7600 with high visibility sloped hood option:
- 113" BBC for maximum maneuverability on the worksite
- Provides best-in-class visibility for the driver
- Features heavy-duty 150,000-pound tow hooks
- Available in 4x2 and 6x4 axle configurations
- Will also be available for REPTO and transmission mounted PTO applications
In addition to the high visibility sloped hood option, the International WorkStar also features a completely redesigned and refined interior designed with the construction customer in mind.
The new WorkStar interior features:
- Easy-to-read ivory gauges or chrome bezel black gauges on instrument panel
- Premium rosewood trim on the dashboard and instrument panel
- An ergonomic center panel for easy access to auxiliary truck and body control switches
- Hands-on steering wheel controls for enhanced driver safety
- Easy-to-clean vocational floor mats and vinyl interior panels throughout the cab to improve durability
- A new back-wall pocket provides additional storage for the driver
"From our no-hassle MaxxForce Advanced EGR emissions technology and new products like the TerraStarTM and TerraStar 4x4 to the integration of Continental Mixers, we continue to focus on meeting the needs of construction customers," Hebe added. "We are committed to delivering innovative, best-in-class products that move the construction market forward."
Navistar, Inc.'s International® brand commercial trucks rank "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Vocational Segment Class 8 Trucks and Heavy-Duty Truck Dealer Service"-the only two categories recognizing the Class 8 truck industry this past year-according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Heavy-Duty Truck Customer Satisfaction Study (SM) released last summer. The 2010 Heavy-Duty Truck Customer Satisfaction Study is based on responses from 1,682 primary maintainers of 2009 model-year Class 8 heavy-duty trucks. The study was fielded in February and March 2010. For more information about the study, visit the J.D. Power and Associates press releases at http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/news/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2010102.